Friday, March 24, 2006

Pit Stops

This is something that I’m going to do, not every week, but when is needed. This is going to be a section where I can make quick comments on random NASCAR news. I call it Pit Stops because it’s going to be short and pithy.

Dodge Charging ahead. Dodge will only race the Charger after Texas. Thank goodness. I’m tired of wondering what Dodge team is going to race what. Also I don’t think it would be fair for a Ford team to race a Taurus, why should a Dodge team race an Intrepid. Besides the Charger looks better.

Grubb?? I didn’t know who this guy was five weeks ago. He gets named crew chief for a team that can’t win with out some controversy and the team wins the race. Now you can’t go a broadcast without hearing his name mentioned five times every hour. He will go back to doing what he did before and Chad will be back on the Lowe’s box. Who ever asked if Grubb was going to replace Knaus all year long is an idiot. Chad may not have been at the races but he was at the shop the entire time. By the way, does anyone know who was Harvick’s crew chief when Todd Berrier was suspended?

Colorblind. I want to say this. I’m not racist! Now, what Bill Lester did this weekend was not that special. He qualified for a Nextel Cup race, he ran that race, and he finished 38th. It was really no different than the other 43 drivers who qualified, ran the race and finished between 1st and 43rd. One difference is Bill Lester is black. It takes a lot to run any NASCAR race and I won’t take that away from him. But, everyone else made such a big deal about this I was really frustrated. I don’t remember reading an article on Tuesday that didn’t mention him in the first two paragraphs. Generally being mentioned just after the fact Kasey Kahne won the race.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! Remember when you were in middle school and you’d hear that coming from down the hall. This is what I think of when Harvick and Busch were going at it on Monday. There was a lot of talk going on and not much action. This is what I think NASCAR needs. Something interesting. I know what you are going to tell me, but Kyle Busch is being a bad boy. No, he’s not. He’s inexperienced and cocky. Harvick and Kurt harken back to good rivalry.

Boogity one more time, promise. I like DW. I don’t care how many times he continues to race. I think he should stop saying it’s the last time, but who cares really? If he can qualify he can race as much as he wants to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home